JCB is a vibrant, respectful, design-focused studio with more than 70 team members including architects, interior designers and urban designers. We're united by a shared commitment to the exploration of innovative socially and environmentally sustainable design. We're also committed to the creation of an equitable workplace that provides equal opportunities for all.
Current opportunities are typically outlined here and on Instagram. Should you like to join our team, please contact our Careers Coordinator Paula Johnson on the email below (max file size 10MB).
JCB is looking for an exceptional Senior Project Architect with demonstrated experience delivering high quality / recognised projects to join our team based in Richmond.
About the role
We're looking for someone to work collaboratively to deliver exciting, design-focused projects in the education and commercial sectors. You'll be working closely with our Directors and Associate Directors to lead a team on large scale projects ($50M+) through all stages.
Some key aspects of the role include:
- Liaising with clients, consultants and team members
- Developing early feasibility/concept work into detailed design
- Leading all aspects of program, scope changes, drawing packages etc
- Preparing documentation to a high degree of accuracy
- Understanding the construction method of the project being documented
- Assisting in the preparation of construction detailing and documentation
- Preparing documentation in accordance with timelines and deadlines
You're able to demonstrate exceptional construction and technical knowledge and the ability to deliver quality documentation in a team based, collaborative environment. You have strong Revit skills, are able to apply strong design, design development and construction knowledge to projects.
You have a minimum of 10+ years’ experience including complex education and/or commercial projects. Experience in projects involving mass timber construction will also be looked upon favourably.
To be successful in this role you'll need:
- Experience working from concept design to project delivery
- Knowledge of planning and approval process – BCA, DDA, TP
- Proven background of medium to large scale projects
- NCC and Australian Standards working knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to proactively communicate with clients, consultants and colleagues
- Capacity to work as part of a team
- Ability to work autonomously as required
Salary commensurate with experience.
Eligibility to apply for this position requires Australian residency or an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa.
Please apply via firstname.lastname@example.org